Winchester PDX1 Defender 9mm Luger +P 124gr Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point 20/Box
- OLIN S9MMPDB
- This item is not eligible for return:
- Due to legal/regulatory and customer safety considerations, all ammunition (ammo) sales are final.
- If you want to order a case:
- Order a quantity of 10
- We do not ship ammo to the following:
- Massachusetts, Washington D.C., Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, or Guam
- If you reside in CA, CT, IL, MD, NY, or NJ:
- Prior to placing an order, please Click Here to read our Ordering Policy regarding restrictions.
- California Proposition 65 Warning (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California):
- Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Winchester PDX1 Defender 9mm Luger +P 124gr Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point 20/Box delivers maximum lethality when threats are imminent, and is designed to maximize terminal ballistics as defined by FBI test protocols. This ammunition offers impressive expansion and notable velocities at various ranges, and utilizes Winchester's proprietary bullet bonding process. The lead core and copper jacket of the bullet is welded together to obtain controlled expansion and achieve higher weight retention. The purpose of bonding the two materials together is to ensure that the dense, but soft, lead core does not separate from its jacket when the bullet makes contact with its target and encounters resistance. When a bullet’s core and jacket stay together, maximum weight is retained, which produces greater momentum that results in deep bullet penetration. However, if the bullet comes apart, or fragments, each individual piece of lead and copper will not penetrate as deeply as the heavier collective whole; therefore the bullet or bullet fragments might fail to reach a target’s vitals. Bonding mitigates the risk of fragmentation and therefore decreases the risk of bullet failure. Bonded jacketed hollow point bullets are designed to tackle the toughest barriers at varied ranges and velocities. This bonding process also maximizes penetration even as the bullet travels through tough, destructive barriers such as glass, drywall, metal and/or fabric, hence the term "barrier blind". Upon impact, the jacketed hollow point bullet initiates expansion up to 1-1/2 times the size of the original bullet diameter. The unique notching in the bullet creates six equal segments creating maximum expansion on impact. The nickel plated brass maximizes reliability through smooth chambering and case ejection. Most self-defense situations occur at night in low light conditions. This ammunition utilizes "low flash" powders to mitigate being blinded by bright muzzle flash. This ammunition is built specifically for defense purposes. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, boxer primed, in reloadable brass cases.
Please Note: This ammunition is loaded to a higher pressure than standard 9mm Luger. Although this ammunition is externally identical to standard ammunition of this caliber, this ammunition should only be used in firearms rated for 9mm Luger +P ammunition. Some firearms may not be rated for the higher pressures of the 9mm Luger +P, including a number of older firearms, including firearms that are of questionable quality. As a precaution, we recommend consulting with the manufacturer of your firearm to ensure compatibility with your firearm.
- Caliber: 9mm Luger +P
- Bullet Weight: 124 Grains
- Bullet Style: Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point
- Case Type: Nickel Plated
- Muzzle Velocity: 1200 FPS
- Muzzle Energy: 396 FT LBS
- Reloadable: Yes
- Lead Free: No
- Primer: Boxer
- Corrosive: No
- 20 Rounds Per Box
- 200 Rounds Per Case
- 10 Boxes Per Case